Give to others what you would like to receive and get some good Karma coming your way.
Making others feel good about themselves is one of the best ways to make yourself feel happy. It’s somewhat of a selfish reason, but that’s okay, because everyone benefits.
Obviously be genuine. No one feels good about a forced compliment or fake smile. Truly want to make someone’s day better. You may be the hero they need to make an otherwise gloomy day have a little peak of sunshine.
Below is a list of things you could do for friends and strangers.
- Smile at someone while making eye contact.
- Buy someone something you know they always get. A pack of gum or soda. Anything small to show you were thinking of them.
- Compliment a stranger while standing in line at a store. Trust me you can find something that you like or admire about anyone.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Text a friend a smiley face.